Sunday, January 22, 2006

Election day-- dun dun dun...

Prepare for Conservative victory. It looks like its going to happen. I was listening to a radio broadcast in which people were phoning in to say who they were voting for and why in one sentence. About 50 said Conservative, 3 Liberal, 2 NDP, 2 Green, 1 Marijuana. Not to say that this broadcast is accurate, but I think polls generally point towards Conservative victory, previously with majority government, now more towards minority, as far as I've been informed. I hope Conservatives don't get a majority.

I am working at for Elections Canada tomorrow as an information officer. I have to be at my voting station at 6:15am so that I can prepare for people to start coming at 7:00 to ask me which poll they drop their ballot into and if I can fill out a form to change their name or address, etc. And I still need to read the manual tonight so I know what I am doing. Should be a long day, but interesting and quite well-paid.

I won't reveal who I'm voting for, but I will say that I knew that I was voting for the best candidate in this riding when I learned that he has a mobile office which is in his little schoolbus. And all the other parties seem to be corrupt.

4 comments:

Dena said...

I worked for Elections Canada as an info. person once in high school - I don't remember reading a manual and I think it went OK (even though at that point I wasn't old enough to vote). Hope it went OK tonight! Justine and I were just talking about you and how we wish you were still at Dordt :)

Justine Ann said...

yes we were! We kept a good eye on the election like good Canadians would. I wasn't too suprised by the results, but wished the green party would have gotten a seat.

hope you are well... I'm gonna get on the e-mailer soon.

peace.

Anonymous said...

Mobile office in his school bus? Had to have been the green party. :)

Sara said...

Maybe it was the green party... And I do wish they would have gotten a seat as well. They did not too badly in a few ridings in the greater Vancouver area. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but think they might do better here than elsewhere.

I do sometimes wish I was still at Dordt too.