Thursday, March 29, 2007

me pod.

I did it. I gave in. Today I bought an ipod. I wasn't going to; I didn't want to conform...yet.

The decision was made in these two events:

Event #1: Margaret picked me up in her car last week. I entered, sat, and almost squashed her ipod shuffle since it was so small I didn't see it. I then marveled at its intelligent design with the clip on the back.

Event #2: I was loading a cd in my old school discman last night, preparing to go for my near-daily run. My father noticed, looked at the obsolete musical device, and asked, "You're going to run with THAT thing?" I then recalled noticing obscure glances while running past people in the park. And I thought about how maybe I could shave minutes (or seconds) off my running time by not occupying one hand with a heavy device that I have to fool around with every time it skips, runs out of batteries, or gets hit in the volume/ stop button area.

Although reluctant at first, at the moment I am feeling a bit giddy about entering the ipod world. Running will be just that much better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

when i fisrt traveled on a plane with my ipod i felt like i had so much extra space in my carry on. gone was the bulky CD case, gone was the big head phones and player, gone was the danger of dropping it and it shattering into a thousand little parts.

of course since it is so much smaller it is easier to lose.....

Margaret said...

Yay! What colour did you get? Running is so much better with an ipod! The batteries in my cd player always fell out when I ran. Congratulations!

Gabriel Florit said...

hey, i didn't know you were running! congratulations! it's the cheapest healthiest sport.

Sara said...

Yeah! I am liking the mp3 world even though I have not yet activated my ipod since my computer and I are apart for the duration of my stay in Alberta.

The ipod is silver--very classy and cute.

And I've been running for the past month, training for a 10k that I will do in 2 weeks...wow, thats coming up soon. Cheap, healthy, and scenic--you really can't go wrong with running.