It is exactly two weeks since my last post.
I find myself sitting in the same coffee shop with even more reasons to love it: Feist was playing earlier, and the barrista offered to watch my stuff for me while I went to the washroom! This place truly is amazing.
October has been good. I've loved going for walks and collecting leaves. I also almost finished sewing a quilt for my bed. And roommate Kenda has returned home after a long stay away!
In terms of work and figuring my life out, that is coming along, although I've been taking a more passive approach than actually dedicating time in my schedule to figure out my life as I was doing before.
I didn't get my dream job with BC Cancer Agency, which was initially disappointing. I'm still thinking about private practise, but not practising these thoughts at the moment.
Next week I will start doing art therapy three mornings per week at a senior's centre! I am so excited to work with seniors again. I have missed having grannies around since I stopped working with them in May.
I have also been substituting almost every day at the school that I work at.
(Check out their website for info and photos of me in action! http://phoenixacademy.ca/)
I have been very busy for only being scheduled to work 9 hours per week!
And this is all I can think to update you on right now.
3 comments:
Hey there. I read about you not getting a job with the BC Cancer agency. Have you considered the Alberta Cancer Agency. They are hiring a large number of people for their research and re-education of Alberta's citizens.
the photos of you on the website are great. and i love the red leaves in the photo above!! i'm so impressed that you are making a quilt. will you post a photo when you are done? it's a bummer that we can't see you next month.
Anderu: thanks for the advice! I have looked into Alberta Cancer Agency a while ago, but haven't considered it recently. Perhaps if my luck runs out in Vancouver I will look into again.
Jazz: I'll try to finish that quilt and then post that picture soon so you can see it. It's not the most impressive quilt, but I am loving it! And yes, it is too bad that I won't be seeing you soon. We'll have to try to meet up sometime again soon.
Post a Comment