Monday, April 05, 2010

mom and sis come to visit.

2010 continues to be an unbeatable year. Last week, my mom and sister came to visit, and we had a swell few days together. We did a lot of playing Scrabble, walking, eating delicious foods, and talking.

For me, however, the highlight was Tuesday. On this day, I called in sick (because I was sick, really...) and Geordan borrowed a vehicle and drove us to our relative's place in Ladner. We had a big breakfast buffet with cousins and Aunts and Uncle in the area. It was great to see them again!

Then, we drove out to Horseshoe Bay and took a short ferry to Bowen Island.

We went for a beautiful hike around Killarney Lake on Bowen Island.

Then we had dinner at an artisan pizza place (imagine caramelized onions, pear, and brie on a wood-fired pizza. mmm!)

After dinner we took the ferry back to the mainland. And Leanne and I became the kings of the world.

And we had a crazy hair contest. I think Leanne won.

But Geordan was pretty cute.I like him. And it was great to spend some more time with him and the family.
Indeed, life is good.

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

aw..so fun! You guys make a very cute couple :)

Sarah said...

Great pictures Sara! It's great that Geordan's been able to meet your whole family already (minus Dave?).

kenda said...

I'm glad life is good!

Anonymous said...

You REALLY do make a cute couple!