Geordan and I are going to get married!
It is a little hard to believe, even though we've known this for awhile. And it has been official for about 17 days now.
17 days ago is when Geordan proposed to me. Lots of people are asking to hear how it happened, so I thought I would include a little of the story, so you can feel like you are a part of it.
We were in Alberta for September long weekend, photographing a friend's wedding. The month before this, Geordan had arranged for a surprise engagement party on the Sunday after the wedding, after a surprise proposal.
But, there was a change of plans when a couple of people congratulated me on being engaged on the Friday. I told Geordan about this rumor that had been spread, and he decided to be proactive and change his plans to avoid a weekend of awkwardly correcting people that we weren't yet engaged...
While I took a nap Geordan stole a bottle of my brother's wedding wine and a table from my parent's closet and set it up outside my parents' place, by the dugout. He later convinced me to come outside to talk to my folks, but lead me towards the dugout. At this point I became suspicious. And then he was down on one knee, and I think I was telling him that he didn't need to do this to avoid socially awkward situations, but then he popped the question and I said, "I do!" (It was all a blur.)
And then we poured a glass of wine for each of us, sat down in the grass by the dugout, and the celebrations began.

And ma and pa came out to join us and took some photos to commemorate.
More celebrations back in Vancouver, as we were greeted in the airport by Geordan' s family and good friends with sparkling apple juice.
Indeed, this is a rich season...
3 comments:
Congrats, Sara!!!
Congrats! :)
thanks, guys!
Post a Comment