Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lady in Technicolor



A little while ago Beka mailed me a giant letter containing this drawing, with less color. I finished it off for her and now it hangs on my wall. Today I named it Lady in Technicolor. It brings back good memories of Dordt days. Our senior year, Beka and I did an independent study in Collaborative art. We drew, painted, filmed, and photographed together. Then we put on a show which we called Co-dependence, which seemed like a good name at the time. I have since discovered that the word is a psychology term which signifies an unhealthy (almost parasitic) relationship. We just thought it meant working together.

In other news, this week I am more positive. It is amazing how reframing changes everything. That and a visit from the Dordt band/orchestra. And the prospect of a trip to Alberta next week.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

cool drawing. Yeah, I kind of wondered what you were saying about your relationship when you called that show co-dependence. :) When do you go to Alberta?

Sara said...

hehe.
I leave next Wednesday and am gone for 6 days.!

Amanda said...

hehe.
i believe the word you were looking for was "interdependence".
but codependence works.
nice drawing.